Open Records Request FAQ

How do I submit a request?

The preferred option is by email. You can use the button below to start an email request.

Email Open Records Request

Other options are:

By USPS mail:
Franklin County Water District
P.O. Box 559
Mount Vernon, Texas 75457

In person:
112 N Houston Street
Mount Vernon, Texas 75457

If you need special accommodation pursuant to the Americans With Disabilities Act, please contact us by phone at 903-537-4536.

How long will it take to receive my information?

The turnaround time depends on a number of factors, such as our current workload, the complexity of your request, etc.

If we are unable to respond within 10 business days, we will let you know when we expect the information will be ready.

Will you charge me for information?

Most information is provided to requestors at no charge. There may be a charge for requests that require substantial personnel time or programming.

We will notify you if your request will incur charges and you can accept or decline the estimated charges before the work is performed.

Will you answer my questions and do research for me?

The Public Information Act does not require a governmental body to answer questions or perform research. Questions and requests for research should not be submitted as public information requests.

Do I need to use special language to submit a request?

No special language is required. Include enough description and detail about the information to enable us to accurately identify and locate the information requested.

We may contact you to clarify the type or amount of information requested.

How will I know that you received my open records request email?

The FCWD open records request email address will notify you with a receipt confirmation email when it receives a request by email.

If you do not receive the automated receipt confirmation email then your email may not have reached us.